Greetings from the team at Bristol International College!
We continue to update you on relevant issues from the world of international education and the latest update on the impact of COVID-19 on our provision of courses both in Bristol and online.
Most exams in England will take place next year with three-week delay. British Secretary of state Gavin Williamson confirms GCSE and A-level dates with schools given extra teaching time. The summer exam series will start on 7 June 2021 and end on 2 July for almost all AS/A-levels and GCSEs. (Source)
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a new three-tier system of local lockdown measures for England to try to curb rising COVID-19 rates. The Local COVID Alert Levels – “medium”, “high” and “very high” – will be implemented depending on local infection rates. The government has released a full list of areas and which tier they fall under. (Source)
Bristol was not named as one of the places in a “high” or “very high” risk category, and remains in Tier 1 area with “medium” alert.
It means that pubs, bars and gyms in the city remain open, with a 10pm curfew, while up to six people are still allowed to meet both indoors and outdoors.
About Bristol International College:
• BIC is a University of London Recognised Teaching Centre which runs an on-campus and online version of UOL’s International Foundation Programme (IFP)
• IFP is an intensive 8-month programme for students aged 16-17 who wish to access leading universities in just one academic year
• IFP courses include: Mathematics & Statistics, Pure Mathematics, Business Management, Economics, Accounting & Finance, International Relations, Law
• 100% university progression for IFP graduates: 60% Russell Group; 30% University of London; 10% top international universities
• The on-campus BIC IFP includes an exclusive full-time 8-week professional internship in a leading Bristol based company e.g. Rolls Royce, Airbus, KPMG, BBC Bristol, Banco Santander, etc.
I would be delighted to meet you, either in person or via the Internet, so that I can introduce you to the huge range of opportunities that Bristol International College can provide.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch,
CEO & Principal