If you need to apply for a Student visa for a Child Student visa to study with us, you must:
- have accepted the Offer of a place at Bristol International College and paid the necessary funds, you will then be issued with a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number
You will then be ready to apply for your visa using the online visa application form and you will be asked to provide supporting documents that give evidence of your identity, academic qualifications and the ability to fund your studies in the UK. These include:
- your passport
- any previous passports and UK visas
- two recent, colour photographs
- a signed letter from your parents consenting to your studying in the UK if you are aged 17 or under at the time of the visa application (template provided by BIC)
- academic evidence – this will be listed on your CAS
- evidence from bank statements of sufficient funds to cover the full course fees
- an English language qualification at B2 level in all four areas
You will need to pay an application fee (£348 for students) and have a current passport or other valid travel document.
You will also need to pay a fee called an Immigration Health Surcharge. This gives you access to the UK’s National Health Service. Students receive a 25 per cent discount on the usual cost of this surcharge – so the rate for Student Visa holders is £470 per year.
Please note that we may also request to see copies of any documents required to submit for the visa application. This includes bank statements or letters, birth certificates and information about your parents. Although applying for a visa can be difficult, with the help of our experienced International Admissions team, we will be able to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have regarding obtaining a visa to study at BIC.
Immigration rules for students can change unexpectedly so it is important that you review the Guidance and application procedures which can be found on the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website